From: RebLiv@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 16:06:27 -0400
To: bat@dhp.com, lookingwolf@rand.nidlink.com, md3j+@andrew.cmu.edu,
        micheli@vnet.net, jduff@winkcomm.com, outthere@westol.com,
        NIXONSL@rcn.wpic.pitt.edu, gregoryh@instinctive.com, abulsme@radix.net,
        Brentwood+@cmu.edu
cc: 72700.3165@compuserve.com, morrowc@his.com
Subject: My Acceptance Speech

Ladies and Gentlemen and Highly Esteemed Members of the Committee,

Thank you very much for this high honor, but due to personal convictions and
beliefs I cannot accept this award. While I admit that I have taken an active
role in Sam's Evil E-mail Contest, I can longer continue to commit these
atrocieties or condone those who do take part.

It is my conviction that this contest is evil because it encourages quantity
and strongly discourages quality.  I fondly look back on the days when
receiving a piece of e-mail from a friend was a special treat.  It was a time
when people took time and effort to write a thoughful piece of e-mail.  Those
days are long past us now.  These days hundreds of useless pieces of e-mail
clutter my mailbox each morning when I get into work.  Every week I spend
hours reporting spammers to their postmasters.  I find I do not even have
time to send e-mail to my loving father and mother anymore because I am too
busy with other e-mail concerns.

If this has not convinced you of the evil that is spawned from this contest,
let me tell you a personal story.  During the last few hours of September (or
rather the hours between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. because Sam insists on using a
time zone that none of us are in, another, but seperate evil that Sam
promotes via this despicable contest) I found myself in a maddening tizzy.  I
was going crazy.  I could not think, speak, or digest daily products during
those few hours.  All I could think of was winning.  I sent countless pieces
of e-mail of utter crap, including a ballad (to the tune of the Beverly
Hillbillies) about John Bobbitt's penis.  I insulted my very good friend Sam,
on serveral occasions I threatened him harm with telephone wires and sticking
other large objects up his butt.  I WAS A MONSTER!

But now I am cured and I renounce my sins and enourage you all to do the
same.  Don't waste hours of your precious life sending Sam hundred's of
pieces of e-mail.  Instead, every day send Sam a quality e-mail describing
the events of the day and your feelings.  And PLEASE, see how Sam is doing.
 Remember, he has feelings too you know!

Sincerely,

Rebecca L. Livingston
Former King of the E-mail Sinners